We all want a happy life, so why do we hold on to behaviors that sabotage our own happiness?
Nobody wants to engage in activities and behaviors that hold them back from living their happiest life. Sometimes, we just get stuck in habits and cycles without even realizing it. Who knew we could be the cause of our own stress and misery all along!
Want to live a happier life?! Ditch these joy sappers from your life today!
1. Negative thinking. Of course, nobody intentionally fills their head with negativity. However, some people can unknowingly fall into a habitual pattern of negative thinking. If you’re one of them, you can change this by forming new pathways in your brain. You just need to pay attention to your thoughts and consciously change your negative ones when they pop up and start thinking in a more positive way! Eventually it will begin happening on its own.
2. Procrastinating. Everyone procrastinates once in a while. You’ll typically find that putting things off only creates more anxiety and problems when it comes time to get things done. Taking initiative and getting tasks done straight away is always the best decision, and frees you up to do whatever you want afterward!
3. Trying to control everything. You will never be able to control everything. In fact, in most situations, we can control very little! Once you can accept this and move on, you can let go of all the stress and invest your energy in what you can do.
4. Expectations. Placing expectations on people and things often leads to disappointment. If you can go into situations with no expectations, you will be able to take things for what they are, good or bad, and avoid letting yourself down.
5. Waiting for the right time. There is never a “right” time for anything. You will always be able to find a reason or excuse for why the timing isn’t perfect for your next big move in life. Don’t allow life to pass you by; sometimes you have to take the risk. Waiting for the right time will cause you to miss out on way too many opportunities.
6. Judging. Judging others and judging situations is just another way to bask in negativity. No one really has the right to place judgement on another person’s situation. When you waste time judging other people, it brings you down to a lower level, and highlights qualities that aren’t positive or attractive in you. Spend time building other people up, and you will be much happier!
7. Comparing yourself to others. Nothing good comes from comparing yourself to other people. Everyone has their own story, and you simply cannot compare someone else’s to your own. When you’re always trying to compete with everyone else’s success, you can’t focus on your own goals. Not only that, you will seriously sabotage your confidence and self-worth.
8. Waiting for the next best thing. When you’re waiting for the next big thing to happen, your life will be passing you by. In fact, when you’re always waiting for that something big, it may never even come, because nothing is ever big enough! Enjoy the little things. Be grateful for everything and every moment that you have. The little things are the big things.
Follow the crew at Dallas Texas Consultants on Instagram and check out the fun we have as a team.