No matter how hard we may try, some of us just aren’t morning people. As much as we prepare the night before and stick to a schedule, we still find it nearly impossible to get out from under the covers in the morning.
If you find yourself in this category, fear not. There are plenty of people who feel your struggle. All you have to do is take that first step to get your butt out of bed in the morning, and the rest will fall into place. We know, it’s tough. But we’re got you covered with some energizing morning tips:
- No snoozing. Even though every second of extra sleep seems so precious in the early hours, snoozing does you no good! It actually makes you feel worse. Set your alarm to a tune that gently wakes you up and place it across your room so you are forced to physically get up in order to turn it off.
- Let the sunshine in. As soon as you wipe the sleep out of your eyes, open up those blinds! Letting in the natural light will align your body’s natural circadian rhythms with the earth. Your body will begin to wake up naturally in no time.
- Drink cold water. Drink a glass of water to hydrate, get your metabolism revved up and to feel refreshed!
- Tune in. Put on some of your favorite upbeat music to boost your mood, get your energy up and kick the last of the morning grogginess to the curb.
- Get moving. Even if it’s the last thing you want to do, get your body moving! Getting the blood pumping through your body is a sure way to get energized, get focused, boost your mood, increase confidence and increase overall wellbeing for the day!
- Get cleaned up. After getting warmed up, a shower will surely shake off any lingering grogginess! There’s nothing like starting the day looking and feeling your best.
- Make your bed. It may seem like a cliche, but making your bed is the first task of the day. If you neglect to accomplish the first task, the day may continue going on that way. Beginning each day accomplishing the first task gives us a sense of achievement and sets the mood for the day. It sounds simple, but simple things add up and set the tone for the day.
- Eat a solid meal. Don’t skimp on the breakfast. Eat a wholesome, balanced meal to keep you satisfied and energized for the first part of your day.
- Fuel up. Make yourself a drink and snack to take on the go. Whether you’re a coffee, tea, smoothie or shake drinker, make yourself something you enjoy and something that will you can look forward to that will keep you going through the day. Keep it healthy and take it easy on the caffeine!
- Get going! Once you’re ready and feeling good, look yourself in the mirror, tell yourself how awesome you are and that it’s going to be a kick-butt day, get out there and be the boss that you are!