Each and every one of us shares the same goal in life; to be happy. Our individual happiness begins within us, (how we view the world, what we do on a daily basis and how well we stay true to our values).
There is an abundance of life advice available, but we’ve selected a few that really resonated with us.
- Stay Healthy. Begin taking good care of your body when you’re young. Adopt a balanced, wholesome diet, get plenty of exercise and make sure you get enough sleep. Take special care of your mental and spiritual health. Your thoughts and beliefs will shape your reality.
- Read a lot. You can never read too much! Being well read expands your vocabulary, makes you more worldly, more relatable and more empathetic, keeps your mind sharp and increases intelligence.
- Keep a student’s mindset. Never stop learning! Know that you can never know it all, and always be willing and eager to learn from anyone you can.
- Journal. Keeping a journal is the best way to gain insight into your own life. You can learn so much about yourself from working things out on paper. It’s also a great way to set goals and track your progress and growth.
- Speak less; listen more. This isn’t to say you shouldn’t speak your mind or say what’s important to you. The advice is to bite your tongue at times and listen more than you speak. You will be surprised at what you’ll learn!
- Value relationships. Pay attention to the people in your life. Make time for those who mean something to you and those who contribute positively to your life. Time passes by quickly and relationships can fade before you know it.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Failing is a part of life. If you make a mistake, you learn. It’s much better than never trying at all. Don’t be afraid to reach for your goals. Failure is nothing compared to standing still.
- Stop caring what everyone else thinks. We all spend way too much time worrying about what everyone else thinks. The truth is, everyone else is too wrapped up in their own business to concern themselves with what you’re doing, and that’s a great thing!
- Give what you can. One of the best ways to grow is to give! Giving to others is so important not only to the wellbeing of the world around us, but to our own wellbeing, as well.
- Focus on the good. Mindset is everything. A positive mindset can change the entire trajectory of your world.
What is your favorite piece of life advice?