Giving back is a big part of our culture at Dallas Texas Consultants. We participate in raising funds for charitable organizations several times a year as a means of contributing to our community, but we have found that giving back has been a gift to us, as well.
Giving back has multiple benefits including:
- Doing something for the greater good. Contributing to charity gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling of knowing that you’re doing something to help a cause.
- Connecting with your community. Fundraising is the perfect opportunity to get out and meet people in your surrounding neighborhood. You can always ask a local restaurant or company to join in the efforts and cohost the fundraiser with you, which is a great way to mingle with the community. Getting out and doing something positive really brings people together!
- Improving your overall health. One of the greatest gifts of giving back is the effect it has on your overall wellbeing. It’s pretty much impossible to walk away form a charity event unaffected. It lifts your spirits, makes you feel good about yourself and others, boosts confidence, increases happiness and relieves anxiety and depression. As we all know, there is a huge correlation between mental health and physical health. When you feel good mentally and spiritually, your physical health will improve as well!
- Bonding with your team. Coming together to contribute toward the greater good of your community is an amazing team-building opportunity. Nothing brings people together quite like working toward a common goal of helping others in need.
- Strengthening team values. All businesses are built upon ethics and values, and most include values that encompass loyalty, teamwork and integrity. A charity event is the perfect opportunity to bring the team together and solidify and strengthen core values.
- Spreading positivity. It’s impossible not to catch the positive vibes ricocheting off of everyone and everything at such an uplifting event. When people come together to help others and contribute to a good cause, positivity just seems to radiate from everyone’s soul. It starts a domino effect, causing each and every person involved to do more good deeds, (or at the very least, to spread more positivity), for an ongoing period of time.
Giving back to the community is one of those gifts that is equally reciprocated. We love to contribute to our community, and we are so grateful for all that we receive in return.
To learn about a cause that has become especially close to the hearts of all the team members at Dallas Texas Consultants, see our linkedin page and read the press release about the StepForward to Cure TSC Dallas Walk.